Meh. This isn’t a very exciting topic…but oh wellz! I’m supposed to put my iPod on shuffle and note the first 10 songs that come up.
1. Adele – Take it All. I don’t really know this song, but I bought the whole 21 album. I like it for background music.
2. The Gossip – Dark Lines. This track is from their first album. Funny, I was talking about this album’s awesomeness earlier today. Apparently, their 3rd album came out today. I hope it’s good…not to mention, I hope they tour again. They put on a rocking show at The Commodore a few years ago.
3. Band of Skulls – Patterns. All of these songs that are coming up so far are because I have the entire album on my iTunes. This album from Band of Skulls is pretty darn awesome. I saw them a couple of years ago and very much enjoyed them. They seemed almost timid at first, but part way through they really got into the crowd. I hope they put out another album…maybe they have?
4. Photek – BBC minimix for Annie Mac. I download a lot of music from Soundcloud. This 5 minute DnB set is really really good. I missed a chance to see this DJ recently– but I just can’t get used to partying in the burbs. Hopefully he’ll come back to Vancouver.
5. M.I.A – Jimmy. Yeah, not too much to say about M.I.A. She is super talented. This song is pretty.
6. Nina Sky – Daydreaming. Another pretty song. I got it to see if I could get motivated to check out their show in town about a month ago. I didn’t go…no biggy. I think I see a fair number of shows.
7. The Roots – Now or Never. The Roots are incredible. This album (How I Got Over) is magical!!! The songs flow into one another and they are all really soulful and funky. Love it!!
8. Stanton Warriors – Timebox. I’ve seen the Stanton Warriors 3 times now. They are great great DJ’s!! There are a lot of other songs from them I’d suggest to someone just discovering them – but this one is part of a set called Sessions III. Listening to the set as a whole is the way to go!
9. Justin Martin – Below the Bassline mix. I wrote about this set a few days ago. His new album, Ghettos and Gardens, is coming out any day now. I’m excited!!!!!!!
10. Doctor P – Drunk (Ed Sheeran, Doctor P remix). This is a fun fun remix…warning…it’s dubstep. Dubstep gets a bad rep because of slam dancing dust pumping sweaty bros. I’m none of those things…but have a great appreciation for how experimental with sound this genre includes. Doctor P is a lot of fun! I’ve seen him once and had hoped to see him last Halloween, but he had to cancel last minute because of the premature arrival of his baby.
Well…that was quick. I’m gonna have another look at my topics coming up. Hopefully they are a little more interesting. Have a good evening, wherever you are